Thursday, October 20, 2011

assignments #6


Jerrod Bolden
10/25/11
6. period
Journey To New Beginnings
    The title to my piece is “Journey To New Beginnings”. I picked the title because it means a lot in my life. Moving from your home is a big change taking your old life and throwing it basically in the trash, or forgetting about things that you use to worry about. As i began my ideas for this piece i focused mainly on the other things around me instead of telling a story in myself. so I started over and really got into the idea of moving myself and showing feeling into the picture.
    The elements I used in my piece are line color, shape, value, and texture. the lines show the feeling of the face, and the detail. Color showed the feeling of the whole piece, the mood and the dept of it as well. The shade of light blue that runs down my arm represents the sadness and grief that i had leaving all my friends and my family. the red that's located on my hair and the bottom portion of my arm represents frustration, anger, and aggravation from the people in my life that cause me those feelings that push me so far. the light green on my shoulder represents amazement, excitement, satisfactory, and happiness that my moving from place to place constantly having to start over. Orange that is located on my neck represents nervousness, confusion, consideration, and anxiousness. the shape was a personal one i put in that went along with the lines, with the eyes, ear, nose, and mouth. the triangle nose stood out with the detail with the nose and the contrast of the chin and the eyes. value and texture was used together, withe the areas that didn't have any color, to the parts that reached out and grabbed you with the textures.
    The idea of walking into a new environment, a new school, and a new life takes allot of battles and allot of changing. there is many moods like, happy, relieved, mad, angry, confused, and many other moods and feelings.
    This piece really doesn't generate a question, makes a statement “After its all said and done I'm still here and I'm still holding my head up strong”. this piece gave me an opportunity to explore different tools and ways to handle photos and use my artistic views. to explore the different way/combinations to mix my Picasso into many different ways he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment